The Max Planck Institute for Neurobiology of Behavior – caesar (MPINB) focuses on basic research in neuroethology. International researchers at the institute study how the collective activity of vast numbers of neurons gives rise to the plethora of animal behaviors. The interdisciplinary research spans from imaging neural circuits at the nanoscale to analyzing neural activity in a freely moving and naturally behaving animal.
We are inviting applications for the position of
Administrative Assistant to the Managing Director (m/w/div)
In this role you will support the Managing Director as well as the institute’s Scientific Coordinator in a wide variety of tasks related to the institute management. You will work at the interface between the research groups, the service facilities, and the administration.
In particular, you will be involved in
- Preparation and follow-up of meetings (preparing agenda and draft minutes eg. for faculty meetings, meetings with heads of facilities etc.)
- Diary management (coordination of meeting with the offices of the scientific directors, the scientific coordinator etc.)
- Organization of events (in-house workshops, conferences, retreats)
- Correspondence in English and German (internal and external communication on behalf of the Managing Director and the Scientific Coordinator, communication with authorities etc.)
- Administrative and operative support for various processes (e.g. recruiting and onboarding new scientific staff, organizing rooms, technology, catering, accomodation for search symposia, site visits or similar events)
- Qualification as foreign language secretary, commercial clerk or similar
- Professional experience as a secretary and/or in office management
- Excellent knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
- Reliable and independent mode of working
- Ideally first experiences in an international science organization
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines
- Detail orientated with a „can-do“ attitude and positive outlook
- Very good knowledge in using modern communication tools
- A position with all benefits of the public service (TVöD Bund)
- Pension plan of the public service (VBL) and Jobticket
- A highly interactive work environment and collaborative atmosphere within an international scientific institute
- Further education and training and Corporate Health Management
- A family-friendly culture and flexible working hours
The position will be initially limited for 2 years with the prospect of a permanent contract afterwards. The position may also be filled on a part-time basis, provided that job sharing ensures that duties can be performed in scope of a full-time job..The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential treatment if they are equally qualified.