The University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd is the key academic institution for education, health and interculturality in the eastern region of the Stuttgart metropolitan area in southwest Germany. It offers a special range of subjects and study courses addressing the social challenges of educational equity, diversity, sustainability and the digital future. As a university of education, it promotes a wide variety of career paths in research, teaching and academic management.
Within the framework of Germany’s Joint Federal Government-Länder Funding Programme for Junior Academics, the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd has been awarded funding for four tenure-track professorships. It is therefore seeking to fill a
W1 professorship with tenure track to W3 (m/f/x)
for ‘Empirical Research on Childhood and Youth with
focus on Globalization and Intersectionality’
(index number 2020/03)
starting on 1 October 2020.
This position features a limited overall duration of 6 years (4 + 2 years) and may be converted into a permanent W3 professorship in the event of a positive evaluation. The institution welcomes applications from outstanding junior academics with the potential to play a role in refining the research profile of international prominence at the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd. The recruitment process is additionally subject to §§ 46 and 51 (2) Baden-Württemberg State Higher Education Act (LHG) as amended. In addition, according to Section 51b (1) Baden-Württemberg State Higher Education Act (LHG), the requirements set out in the quality assurance concept for tenure-track professorships in conjunction with the evaluation statutes on quality assurance for tenure-track professorships apply. The statutes including the requirements can be found at http://www.ph-gmuend.de/forschung/tenure-track-professuren
- Research on childhood and youth with focus on globalization and intersectionality
- Teaching of two courses/per semester (course duration: 90 min/week) in education with focus on empirical research in childhood and youth in English and/or German (incl. examination activities and supervision of students)
- Contribution to international research alliances
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Excellent PhD in education or social sciences
- Research focus on childhood and youth with special attention to categories of difference (gender, milieu, ethnicity)
- Strong skills in qualitative and/or quantitative methods documented in the doctoral thesis or other publications
- experiences in external funding and international research activities are preferable
We provide an attractive working environment and a diverse range of career development options for all employee groups with a focus on gender equality and work-life balance. Our ‘AnSCHub’ career portal and the ‘Tenure Track on Top’ programme offer targeted support in establishing your academic profile. Professorships can also be tailored to applicants’ needs in all phases of life. We encourage female academics to explore the various options we provide and submit their applications.
If you have any questions about the content of the professorship, please e-mail Prof. Dagmar Kasüschke at email@example.com. Queries relating to academic career advancement or gender equality and family matters should be directed to the Research Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Gender Equality Consultant (email@example.com).
Your application featuring the index number 2020/03 and the usual supporting documents (CV, copies of academic certificates, list of publications, list of courses taught, description of academic activities to date and presentation of personal research and teaching concept) must be submitted in PDF format by 12 March 2020 to the Dean of Faculty I at the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd, Oberbettringer Strasse 200, 73525 Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany (please e-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org).